Touchpoint: Programme and Relationship
Touchpoint is a new Programme Management and Relationship Management Training and Coaching service from CQC:
To develop your senior managers/directors so that they are effective in:
- Managing your relationships with clients;
- Managing projects/programmes/portfolio successfully;
- Managing their resources and team members.
Our proposal is to make your PMs effective at their jobs by:
- Ensuring they understand the principles of Programme management/Relationship Management;
- Coaching them to develop their skills in applying/practising these principles;
- Coaching them to develop the softer skills that are key to managing a client and their own resources successfully;
- Mentoring them to create the right environment for being successful.
- We address team and individual needs;
- Our focus is just not on standard training but more on making an individual successful in their role;
- Training and coaching needs are identified based on their current performance in their roles;
- Classroom type training and workshop address team needs;
- Individuals are coached and mentored to develop as an effective Programme Manager and Relationship Manager.
- Assessment of ones PM skills, softer skills, and environment support is carried out through reviews with the individual, programme team members, senior management, account management, and also client (if desired);
- The reviews are not akin to appraisals of individuals but appraisal of the project/programme to assess the shortcomings in management;
- An action plan to address the shortcomings is agreed with the PM and the sponsor:
– Actions relevant to teams handled through classroom training and workshops;
– Actions relevant to individuals addressed through coaching and mentoring.
- We establish the standards being followed or to be adapted;
- We assess the PMs’ level of understanding;
- We, in conjunction with the PMs and the sponsor, develop the training plan;
- We train in these principles through classroom training and workshops, or may propose attending standard courses.
Note: Training for Programme Management standards and principles is done at team level.
Individual Coaching and Mentoring
- A mentor/coach is assigned to an individual;
- Individuals are coached and assessed regularly based on the requirements identified during assessment;
- Action plans are tracked and reviewed based on the progress made by the individuals;
- Individuals are mentored and counselled at regular intervals to identify the reasons for not being effective at their jobs and actions are identified on how to resolve those obstacles;
- Individuals have access to their coach/mentor and can contact them whenever they need help and advice.
Note: Developing/Coaching/Mentoring carried out with individuals according to their relevant needs.
- Framework for identifying opportunities
- Effective stakeholder management
- Managing client expectation
- Negotiating with clients, your peers and your team
- Understanding and working to fit the client’s Organisational culture
- Working to a collaborative and not transactional approach
- Team management
- Bid Management to hit the right note
- Knowing and Influencing the influencers within the client organisation
- Effective presentation
- Effective leadership and team building
- Effective project/programme management
- Managing your priority
- Effective communication
- Continuous assessment & improvement.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list and focus areas for teams and individuals are indentified and prioritised during the assessment phase.
– 1.5 days per manager to carryout the assessment and agree an action plan with the individual and the sponsor
– Difficult to assess. Our proposal is to send to agreed standard courses if necessary as this will be more cost effective for your organisation
- Coaching and Mentoring
– 1 day per week per manager for the first 3 months
– Thereafter, 0.5 day per week per manager for 3 months
– Number of days may vary according to individual needs and will be reviewed regularly with the individuals and the sponsor
– Need for any support after 6 months can be assessed and defined accordingly
We aim to make your Team Effective at every Touch Point
Why CQC Solutions?
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Programme Management challenges in engagements;
- Direct experience of managing large assignments;
- Track record of successfully training and developing effective programme managers;
- Experienced in Supporting, mentoring, facilitating, and counselling team members to perform in an environment with cultural and operational diversity;
- Hands-on when necessary (track record of delivery success on complex multi-disciplinary engagements).
Effective at every Touch Point